Helping you to find your dream home in the Lake District.
A dream home can mean different things to different people. Many of the properties I find for clients fall into the £400k to £6million price bracket. Sometimes they are family homes for people who already live in the area who are struggling to find what they are looking for. Other clients are selling a larger property and want to downsize to the area, or are seeking an investment property for a holiday let.
I also act for clients looking for one of those special or rare, off-market properties that come along less often and are at the top end of the market. This could be for people who seeking a new life or second home away from the rat-race, or who are looking for a very impressive investment property.
Competition can be fierce
The Lake District is a highly desirable area to live in and to own investment properties. This means that there’s a high demand for from people who live within the county and those who live elsewhere. Many properties can often be sold within hours of coming on the market, particularly when they are in the most sought after villages or come with outstanding views. This means you have to be in a position to move quickly. My clients come to me so I can be their representative on the ground who can jump on new listings quickly and advise on how to proceed.
Finding properties that are off-market
I spend a lot of my time looking for Lake District properties that are not yet on the open market. Off-market properties can be due to divorce or probate and the sellers wish to keep their sale private. In other situations, if the property is currently a holiday let or guest house, they will want to keep their sale unlisted so it doesn’t impact future bookings.
Because I’m from the area and have worked in the Lake District property market for over a decade, I offer my clients access to my network of contacts that can find the right properties and opportunities. My property finding service includes:
- Sourcing properties not yet on the open market.
- Advising you on the history of available properties, selling prices and planning restrictions.
- Viewing homes on your behalf and giving you an independent assessment of those homes.
- Tactical negotiations.
- Offering you ideas and interesting property alternatives that you may have not previously considered.
- Organizing trades to visit properties and other professionals from architects to surveyors.
- Orientation visits along with a viewing services.
What if the property I like comes up on a property website?
Not all properties my clients seek are off-market, many are found through estate agencies or property websites. In this situation, my services come into play in several important ways.
- The estate agent selling the property acts for the vendor: Agents are always on the side of the seller not the buyer. My job is to be on your side and ensure your negotiations and purchase goes through as smoothly as possible. Relationships with estate agents have been built over years, my involvement increases your chances of having that offer accepted. You may not be familiar with the idiosyncrasies of the Lake District property market, and I can help advise and troubleshoot as required.
- Properties in rural locations can often be complicated: There can often be complications with rural properties that I can advise on. For example:
- National Park planning restrictions.
- Footpaths and rights of way.
- New legislation regarding septic tanks and Environment Agency guidelines on water sources on the property.
- Advise on local occupancy clauses and other restrictions relating to holiday lets.
- Having the difficult conversations with the vendor: When you live in another part of the country, or indeed overseas, I can be your representative on the ground. I can liaise with the vendor’s agents and solicitors, solve problems, and deal with the unexpected when you can’t.
To find out how I can help you, email me on firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on: 07485672282
Click here to find out how my fee structure works.
Lake District Relocation is a member of The TPO The Property Ombudsman T05421
ICO Information Commissioners Office ICO: ZA832834
VAT Registration Number is 398 2457 46
Get In Touch
Lake District Relocation Ltd Registration Number 12978817